A Pregnancy Story


When my monthly visitor did not come as scheduled I decided to once again take the test and this time I passed!!!! We are having a baby!!!  Travis was in Japan and I planned to wait till he got home to share the big news but I cracked over Skype. He cried and seemed very excited. Here I am at 7 weeks when he got back home.



Travis has always wanted to wait till delivery to find out the baby's gender,  I guess I can oblige to that. It is hard work to keep reminding the doctor and the nurses to not tell us the gender. First sono, she accidentally told me it was a girl but then retracted and said it was too early to know for sure. Although, Travis has been saying it is a girl since he first found out I was preggers. Wonder if he is right.



Who decided to call it "Morning sickness"? It makes no sense, it is an all day everyday sickness. I haven't thrown up but sometimes I wish I could, the nausea is just too much. Sadly, of all the scents the one I can tolerate the least is that of Travis.  Hoping it goes away when I hit my 2nd trimester. 



Feeling wonderful, I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. I haven't gotten any maternity clothes as of yet. Funny how at 24 weeks people still can't tell I'm pregnant.  I was contemplating telling those who risked asking that I was not pregnant... 'just for fun'. Too bad no one did.  I still love seeing the nervous looks I get... "Is she or isn't she?" I think I look very pregnant. What do you think?


This baby is getting heavy! I should be honest, I'm getting heavy, and not really the baby. I have already gained 40 lbs.  I haven't been eating for two and indulging on anything out of the ordinary. I crave frozen yogurt, slushy,  ice and pretty much anything cold. I tried working out but I got tired too quickly and gave up. Also, my hips were not ok with it. Not working out is probably the main culprit.  So long fit pregnancy, I tried but I refuse to be too worried about my weight. I want a healthy baby and that is all. No more weight loss diets for me. 


After I discovered I cannot eat beef, life has been wonderful. No burgers, briskets, steaks and all that yummy goodness. I have told many, the key is to find what makes you sick and avoid it. By the way, people are finally starting to notice I'm pregnant. I had my first stranger contact the other day. An old witch looking lady at the Dollar Store. She insisted I am having a boy. Kind of creepy I must add. 


Getting closer to the end of the road. It seems to have gone by so quickly. Baby is not giving any signs of wanting to come and greet the world yet.  Side note, a Lithuanian man at the car dealership got a hold of my belly (stranger danger) and told me it was a boy. What's with all the creepy encounters?  Anyway, according to the Chinese calendar I'm having a girl. It's all up in the air in that department. 




I know I've said I did not want the baby born on my birthday, something about not wanting to share but it's happening anyway. Weekly chiropractor visits and having to wear support belts makes me even more ready to have this baby. I am now at the hospital waiting to get induced. I think I like it on my birthday now.  I get to  discover a new side of me... motherhood and meet my baby.  Pictures coming soon!


Comments

Popular Posts