Shadd's First Vacation
Can I just start by saying how much I love the Navy?! People keep telling me it was a bad idea to take such a young baby on a plane. I don't think I would have ever agreed to do it if we couldn't fly from base. No long lines with airport security and most certainly no crowded airplanes.
Shadd was so comfortable on the plane, he didn't even notice he had left Texas.
Once in California, we spent some time with Grandma Great at Uncle Fen's house
He enjoyed some cousin time with Daysen. Shadd's wide eyes expressions were cracking me up. So intense! It was only the beginning of a series of family time moments.
Cousin Susan and Aunt Beverly
Aunt Aarin, Aunt Merideth and of course cousin Kody
Uncle Aaron and again cousin Kody
On the long drive to St. George, Shadd began to cry and could no longer tolerate being in his car seat. Since we were in Mesquite, we decided to pay our respects to Great Grandpa Frehner and had a lovely moment.
Once in St. George, I was encouraged to dine at Alvaro's and try their famous giant burrito. It is almost as big as Shadd!!
Other than eating out the family bonding moments continued. Here is Shadd with his aunt Jbz
Bonding times with Grandpa Skelton
And of course, they had to put him in the pool. I was a little bit nervous about it. Alright, I will be honest I WAS SUPER nervous about it. It's a public pool, and he was only 3 weeks old!!! I just repeatedly told myself he is Travis' kid too and I can't be too possessive. Shadd had this lost confused and yet pleased look on his face, I had to record it.
After staying in St. George, we drove to Provo to stay with my family for a week. My sisters also had not had a chance to meet him and they were super excited.
Here is Shadd with Tati Gina. Again, the super wide eyed expression on his face...priceless!
Grand-mere had a hard time saying goodbye. It is sad to be so far from my mom during such an important moment of my life. Being a mother is going to be the most important and rewarding role I will ever have and I wish she could live closer to me. Maybe in the future we will.
Coming home was a little bit more stressful than our journey west. We had to go the airport and stand in line. At least this time Shadd was already a month old. Now I understand why people were telling me not to go on that trip. It was not so much because of Shadd but because of me. I was so exhausted and emotional towards the end, I could not function clearly. Although I know I will never travel so soon after giving birth again, I do not regret going. Shadd is so wonderful and I am glad we had that chance to share him with so many people.















Comments
Post a Comment