Shower that Baby!!
How do you plan a baby shower for someone who has no idea what they are having? You pick the expecting mother's favorite colors. Anything Green... We even had green deviled eggs.
Emily came up with the cutest games. Since many of the ladies did not know each other they were very good ice breakers. We got to create babies out of homemade play-do. So hard to pick the best one out all of the masterpieces.
I was so thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life willing to bring gifts to our baby. It is not so lonely in Texas after all.
Wipes, wipes and more wipes. I am set for at least 1 year. Hooooray!!!
It's funny that Lindsay gave us a package of diapers with a note "For Dad" on it just a few days after I lost to Travis in a bet of changing diapers for a whole month. Really, does everyone know that Destiny Child's song but me "I don't think you're ready for this -----" JELLY really??!!! Why Jelly?
My baby will be smelling so good I will have everyone at my door just begging to get a whiff. I got the biggest hook up in lotions and other cleansing products.
Okay so mama Pat decided she was done with the whole not knowing the gender of the baby thing and made an executive decision. In her opinion it's a girl. So, I got the cutest little girl outfits ever, I might have to put it on the baby even if it is a boy.
'Je serai la' sung by Teri Moise, has always been one of my favorite songs. It expresses all my hopes and dreams when it comes to being a mother. Janice found this blanket online with the poem "I promise" stitched to it. It pretty much summed up the words to the song. I cried like a little baby, yep I did.
My adopted family from Texas made an appearance as well. Baby Liam doesn't look too happy to be in the all girl party.
I had my own little Genesis gathering as well. These ladies came from far just to be present on this special occasion. They are beautiful women inside and out an inspiration to all LDS women.
And of course, the ladies who made it all possible. Heather opened her beautiful home and Emily was a trooper at getting all the preparations done perfectly. Together they created a perfect baby shower for me. A girl could not have asked for a better group of friends.
Showers are fun, they are a reminder of the legacy that is passed from woman to woman. Motherhood is a bond that unites women from all walks of life. They get what I'm going through and they even know the road I have ahead of me so who better to hold my hand.

Comments
Post a Comment