It's a boy!!!

Of all the advice I was given for this day, what stands most true is that every delivery is not created equal. I started the journey very confident. In my mind, I was the most informed expectant mother in the entire hospital. I got this! So much so, that I got induced on my birthday. Happy Birthday Myriam, literally.


First of all, there is nothing natural about being induced. Secondly, I don't know why I was so determined to refuse an epidural. After 15 hours of labor, I'm so glad I caved and took the needle. Who knew I was still 11 hours away from seeing my baby? Here he is, the joy of my life, welcome to the world Mr. Shadd!


During my pregnancy, I always enjoyed thinking of Travis holding the baby. Something about feeling accomplished as a woman. I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of this great miracle. Look at him, he looks so proud.


Speaking of proud... Grandma Aeme and Grand-mere Gina came to Texas to welcome Shadd into the world. Grand-mere had a very hard time with us not finding out the baby's gender. Since she was able to predict the gender, maybe it won't be too upsetting for her when she finds out we are planning to do it again.


We have officially joined the ranks of parenthood. We can't stop talking about him and how wonderful he is. We love our little Shadd so much, and we are looking forward to sharing our lives together as a family. 


Comments

Popular Posts