The Wedding
The Alejos liked their engagement photos so I was invited back. I was pretty happy and nervous to be an official wedding photographer. Granted I wasn't paid but I was pretty scared of messing up. A wedding is a once in a life time event and it should be captured with taste. Unfortunately, I got the times all wrong and wasn't able to take the pictures of them coming out of the temple. No worries, the reception was fabulous and I went crazy taking pictures to compensate. Again, here are some of my favorites...
I hadn't seen the Marinez in a little over 10 years, it was very special seeing so many of them reunited.
The food was a magical mixture of both Puertorican and Venezuelan dishes, it was delish!
Valentina was absolutely stunning, I could not get over how good she looked.
My Hispanic posse sure do know how to party, it was so much fun. I kept forgetting my role as a photographer. All I wanted to do was dance.
When I say everyone danced, I really mean everyone.
I thought it was interesting and fun the way they had everyone dress up with masks and all. Of course my Haitian mother does not agree, she likes it all to be serious and traditional ALL the time.
Speaking of tradition, the throwing of the garter is officially boring after seeing what they did here. The guys picked up the groom, took off his shoes and dipped his toes in cake. As if that wasn't enough, they had the bride lick the frosting off of his toes. Okay, I wasn't a fan of the last bit but how cool is that!!!
Of course, we had to have a picture with the lovely couple.
I must add, Shadd was not cooperating with my photo taking endeavors. He wanted to be held all night. Mama got to do what she's got to do. I'm pleased with how they turned out and hope I get to do it again.
















Comments
Post a Comment