Let it Fall, let it Fall

Fall is here and I absolutely love it!!! It is not too cold and not too hot. On top of that, it is the perfect time of year to take pictures. Here is my failed attempt at using a rock/a tree to take a picture. Where is the rest of my head??



This photo is much better, I asked a nice lady at the park to do us the favor.  She had a huge camera around her neck so I figured she knew what she was doing. By the results of the pictures, I think she is a fellow point and shoot photographer. At least my fro made it this time. 


I always knew I would love being a mother but I never knew it would be this much. I feel so fulfilled and complete with this little man in my life.  I come from a non emotional/affectionate family. None of that touchy feely stuff ever happened in my house unless it was a special occasion like... your death bed.  We knew we were loved but it was never expressed with words or touch.  I texted my mom the other day expressing how crazy I felt for loving someone so much and her reply had me in tears for weeks. "Je comprends, tu etais mon premier amour" (I understand how you feel, you were my first love) 


Travis also loves being a dad, he will randomly every now and then say "I just love this boy!!!" or "My son, my son!" It's cute. Shadd is getting so big and strong and can even stand on his own. We love his little giggles!!


My brother, who I haven't seen in over a year, came to visit us this fall. His girlfriend is a big Cowboys fan and he bought her tickets to the game. Luckily, I live in Texas so it would have been awful for us to not get together. It was also a perfect excuse to make flan. Happy Birthday Amber!! 


Oh Tonton Fritz, whyyyyy did you take soooooooo long to come see meeeee?? Not really what he was saying though. It was more "Put me down, I don't know youuuuu!!"


Shadd playing with leaves, it isn't fall if you don't take a swim in leaves photo. 



Gear up the pumpkins, Halloween is here! Believe it or not, I have never carved a pumpkin. My roommate in college tried to get me to do one but I never got around to getting it done. This year, we went to the Dalton's for FHE and we got it done.


Here is our first family pumpkin carvin'.  It is Jack Skellington, get it? Bwahaha


So this year, was probably the saddest Halloween of my life. First, Travis was sent away on a flight...booo. Second, I bought a lot of candy and was planning to go to my ward's Halloween party but got the days mixed up and missed it... double boooo.  Third, I got all dressed up to go to another party but Shadd was having the biggest fit of the century so I had to scratch that plan...boooo. Lastly, I decided to just wait for the neighborhood kids to come around  for candy but no one showed up... mega boooo.  Hopefully, next year will be better. 



Something about these pictures make me smile. I think it's the plain, look into my soul feel I get from them. Travis looks so hot in it too. His eyes are just perfect, but then again I'm biased. 


The stroller adventures continues. It's getting a little cold out. By the way, the white fading effect at the bottom of this picture was not planned. We set the camera on top of the car and the flash just did something weird and I'm just too lazy and do not feel like editing it. Voila!






Comments

  1. Your blog is amazing! I love all of the pictures that you post and your funny, real, and amazing writing style. You guys have such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiah!! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts