Padilla Baby Shower
After my first paid gig as a photographer, I decided it is not for me. First of all it is so cliche. I feel like every Mormon stay at home mom is either a photographer, a blogger or master diy connoisseur. It all sounds great but I don't have the dedication it takes to do those things. I'm never consistent enough to make it last. While I try to figure out what to do, I will continue to take pictures... iiiis for fun!
This week we went to the Padilla's baby shower. We have not been participating in any of the military get together/parties and we are really trying to get more involved.
It was a super windy day and the centerpieces would not stay put. After MacGyvering our way to setting things up, I was able to take a few pictures.
Other than the occasional land mines in the backyard, it was a beautiful setting. My kids will have to do some serious begging to get me to agree to add a dog to our family. And if I do agree, it will have to be a 'use the toilet and wipe himself when done' kind of dog.
Usually, when I think of baby showers I think of a bunch of ladies oooing and awwing over cute little baby gifts. This baby shower was all about the sailors of the VR-59 squadron.
So many boys, we were definitely outnumbered. The Navy base water must have some kind of Y chromosome booster. On top of that, the baby on the way is also a boy!!
Espen doesn't seem to like the upside down action. Crazy things we do in the name of creative picture taking.
One of the funnest events of the day was watching the guys dress up like grannies and run across the yard. Grown men + bras + muumuus + inflated balloon = Live comedy
Other than watching the guys act the fool, we had so many babies at the party it became an unplanned nursery.
He is so cute!
Shadd was having a blast and enjoyed playing with all the kids. He was happy as long as people other than Travis and myself didn't try to hold him or touch him.
The Padilla family is so adorable and we are happy for them and the new baby on the way. They are super cute together.
In summary, it was a great baby shower and we had lots of fun catching up. Hope it will not be a last and we will be able to hang out some more.
P.S. I got sneaky sneaky and took this last photo. Grandma Padilla brought her own little flask and it was baby shower at sip'o Clock.

















Comments
Post a Comment