St. Patrick's Day
When I was in college my dear friend and roommate Rebecca Beecher threw a St. Patrick's Day party. Before then, I had no idea how fun it could be. After her party, I made a commitment to make St. Partrick's Day Parties a yearly event in my home. This week I was true to my promise and threw the first ever annual Skelton St. Patrick's Day party. To my knowledge, we have no connection to Ireland but boy do I love green.
Red carpet photos? No! Green carpet photos? Not so much... Green shamrock photos?.. Yes!!
David came all dressed up for the occasion. He would have won the 'best dressed' award of the nigh if I had remembered to add that to the awards list.
Olivia is so cute and adorable!
Shadd and his best buddy, Adam.
Our little horsey had nothing to do with the party but for some reason it became a photo prop.
Skateboarding in the house is very allowed on St. Patrick's day!
We continued the River dancing competition tradition as well. It was so much fun and my personal favorite activity of the night. I went crazy taking pictures, you can tell how much I miss going dancing. Here are a few of them.
Travis was voted the best dancer of the night. He doesn't agree with me but I really think he is a perfectionist at everything he does, even river dancing.
After all the dancing we decided it best to just let Jean Butler show us how it's done.
The last activity of the night, was the drinking game. Don was super excited to show us his drinking skills. It must be hereditary because his kids were really good at it too. Please note the Root Beer bottle on the counter, it is my way of saying 'No laws were broken during the making of this game'.
Juliana kept complaining that it all tasted like liquid toothpaste. Very interesting way to describe Root Beer.
The final competition was between Travis and David, so we laid down 12 shots per participant.
Ahhh HEART BURN!!!
At the end, the food was mostly gone. Green mash potatoes might become a staple dish at our annual green party.
So here you have it, continue the tradition and throw a St. Patrick's day Party. Trust me, you will love it!!















Comments
Post a Comment