ShaddZoo
I'm not a party planner but I sure had fun planning Shadd's Zoo. Special shout out to the upside down monkey gift bag!
Whenever I would get an invitation to a baby's first birthday party, I would always wonder why parents go through the trouble? The baby will not even remember and yet alone enjoy it. Waste of time, right?... No!! I realize now it is a celebration, we as parents have managed to keep a human being alive, when we had no idea what we were doing.
Travis did such a good job at cleaning up all his projects from the backyard. He put almost all of the granite for sale stuff away, and that's a lot. He also cleaned up all of his fire starting things, drums and all. This party also taught us that we can fit 4 long church tables and 40 chairs in a VW Golf. Who needs a truck? Apparently not us.
Welcome to Shadd Zoo!! I love saying it, sounds like an official place that people pay money to attend. Coincidentally, when the first guests arrived the Lion King theme song was playing. It couldn't have been more perfect if I had planned it that way. AAAh TEEMANEEAHHH!!!
I will have to agree "monkey time" was Shadd zoo's favorite attraction. At one point we had mom's and dad's monkeying around on the trampoline. Shadd was not interested in it though.
Kaja, my mission friend also came and I was so thrilled to see her and her kids. The last time I saw her was when she left Temple Square after completing her mission, so over 5 years ago. I never thought we would get together again especially since she was going back home to Germany. Recently, we discovered that we were both in Fort Worth and could not let the opportunity pass by. By the way, I spy Shadd having a good time.
We tried to include all of Shadd's favorite things so of course bubbles were a must.
Shadd also loves playing with his soccer ball even though he still doesn't understand it's meant to be kicked and not carried around. Maybe when he learns to walk he will get the concept. Anyway, kangaroo time was fun especially since we had such good winners. They never rubbed their victories in their opponents faces. I was tempted though ha!
Olivia giving her momma some lovin'
I was sad the Travis had to go to work and could not stay to enjoy the party. He did so much to help with the preparations even though he didn't care for a party.
At the end, Shadd was exhausted. He just stayed in the living room while sipping on baby juice... Leaned back with his mind on his mommy and his mommy on his mind.
Since Travis missed most of the party we made sure to not open any of the gifts. We waited until the next morning when Travis got home and boy did it feel like Christmas morning!! This party was so worth it, look how happy he is... *drops mic*













Comments
Post a Comment