Duck Creek Village



 This post is going to have some serious nature shots. If you know me, you know that I am not much for spending time outdoors. However, the view was breathtaking even for me. After our trip to St. George we stopped in Cedar City to visit Aubree and to have a relaxing weekend in a friend's cabin in Duck Creek. 


This was the view on the drive up the mountain. I couldn't resist and had to stop for a quick picture. 


Shadd seemed to like it too


Once at the cabin, we were impressed with all the different features. Now, Travis is all about getting a cabin in Utah some day. We especially like that church is only an hour long up there. 


We found a hummingbird's nest and Travis's reaction was cracking me up. I tried to capture it  but I guess you had to be there. 


Besides the hummingbird, Travis found a horny-toad and stored him in a box to show the cousins. 






I wondered what would happen after he kissed it and apparently the change is not spontaneous as portrayed in Disney movies. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it was not a frog but a lizard. 






This is an historical even folks. Ever since I was a little girl I have had an irrational fear of lizards. I'm talking drop my baby and run for the hills type of fear. I have tried it all to face my fears, but I have ended up losing friends who were just trying to help. For some reason this lizard didn't do it for me as much. Although, I was still afraid I held one in my hand. With that said, it does not mean you can send a lizard my way... we will not be friends ever again if you do. Please don't. 


Karson demonstrating one of his many boy scouts skills. 


Look mom I can do it too!!!




I think Shadd will be like his father. Thank goodness because there is nothing lamer than a boy who is afraid of being outside. 


Thank you Aubree for taking this fantabulous picture. I know it's not a word but it conveys the feeling.




The whole gang! (except Travis)


Okay, so while I was editing this picture something weird happen that made it look like a comic strip. I thought... aaahaaa!  So here you go, make up your own dialog in the comments below. Have fun! I guess I should start... 

1."Everything is awesome!"
 2. "Looking at these woods, I can tell you are the most handsomest man in these woods. And depending on the woods, you are definitely in the top three"
3. "Karson, you got it going on! Not in a gay way but in a hey-your-looking-ok-man!"
4."Let it go.... let it go!!"





Comments

Popular Posts