Shae Elizabeth
It's crazy that my little but not so little anymore brother is now a father. I still remember him coming home and not liking the idea of his existence. I was seven and was quite fond of the only child title and could not see right away the blessing he was to our little family.
This picture was taken at Fritzgina's wedding only weeks before the birth of Shae Elizabeth. After she was born, I hated living so far and could not wait to have her in my arms. Also, mom and Daddy have been called to serve a mission to Haiti and I decided to visit my brother when mom got there too.
We had fun on the plane. Shadd is so silly
Last time, Shadd was a little weary of being around his uncle but this trip was completely different. They ran around the apartment and played all day.
Shadd was fascinated with his cousin Shae. He insisted she needed more candy in her life.
I'm glad Shadd got to be with my mom for a little bit. Mom is such a happy and proud grandma.
Shae is hands down the cutest little baby girl I have ever seen!
Another just for fun.
There you have it, our fun week with the Fam Fam. Next stop New York!
P.S. While in PA we decided to stop and visit Tati Fifie and Tati Florence, simply because they had not had the chance of meeting Shadd yet. I called Fifie and she told me to have my mom take us to 'Rosh'. She was planning to be there along with Florence. When relaying the message to my mom, I automatically corrected the error and told my mother to take me to 'Ross'. I wondered which Ross they had in mind but Fifie kept saying "your mom knows where it is". On our way, I decided to help my mother's accent and tell her that the store is pronounced 'Ro-SS' and not 'Ro-SH'. She in turn, insisted it was 'Ro-SH'. I was getting so frustrated and could not believe my mother wanted to argue about something so silly. After about 10 mins of this back and forth argument, she finally realized we were not talking about the same thing.
Ladies and gentleman, I present to you ROSH...
ROSH meaning rock in Haitian Creole
Why would we be meeting in front of a rock? We weren't really. We were going to a thrift shop but because the name of it is so complicated my Haitian family have named it RoSH simply because of this big rock in front of the store.











Comments
Post a Comment