Thanksgiving at home
I was also planning to send Christmas cards this year and tried to take good family pictures. We stopped by the boat dock on our way to dinner. Both boys were so bummed and not in the mood. I was doing everything but summersaults to get a smile. I think these pics captured their emotion so well.
Finally, this one will have to do. It's not very obvious but I'm 7 months pregnant with baby #2
Once at Rhonda's, we had a very delicious southern cooking thanksgiving meal.
I made my very first sweet potato pie. I'm slowly learning to make more American dishes.
We were expecting a lot of people to be there but it was just us and our dear friend Rhonda. Her son would make brief appearances, grab a plate and again hide in his room. Her other kids all had to work. After our meal, we all made ourselves comfortable in her living room and watched the Goonies because Travis and I had never seen it. We laughed and goofed around and had a blast. Even Travis was happy we spent it with her instead of our previous plan to stay home. No one deserves to spend Thanksgiving alone.
P.S. Shadd was feeling feverish at the end. It explains the bummed expression on his face during the picture session and even in this last photo.







Comments
Post a Comment