The Baby Shower Dance



When I was pregnant with Shadd, everyone enjoyed telling me that my picture taking addiction would not last for my second pregnancy. I could not imagine not taking pics but now that I'm towards the end of my second  pregnancy, I am ashamed at how true it was. I barely have any pictures. Thank goodness for baby showers. Most of all, I am thankful for Juliana for making it happen.


Juliana can really throw it down in the kitchen. Her Brazilian cooking is out of this world and boy did I eat. I think I spent most of the baby shower hovered over the food table. 



I kept winning in almost every game we played. I still wonder if they were letting me win.



The boys had to tie there shoe without popping the balloon. They were doing all kinds of cheating!


Unfortunately, they weren't as generous with Travis. He lost hihi




The kids had fun too. Shadd just enjoyed going up and down the stairs, not sure why. 




In Brazil, the mamma to be has to guess what her gifts are going to be before opening them. If you guess wrong, the guests get to pin and draw all kind of silly things on you. Apparently, everything goes. I told her I was ok with it to some extent so we only used pretty bows and ribbons. 


Luckily for me, I was guessing right most of the time and only got a few bows. 


Carmen started talking about how the baby bag I had chosen on my registry was not cute. She went on and on about how it was not a good quality bag. She said with her Czech/French Canadian accent "I would not buy it and will suggest you not to either".  This was her face once I pulled the exact same baby bag from one of the gift bags while she talked.


Juliana and Vashni took the time to make sure cute little decorations. I will have a hard time using them. 




Auntie Juliana sharing her good wishes with the baby.


I love these ladies and I will miss them dearly when we move. 


Especially these two. Shadd and Olivia are so close and they love playing together. Too much love I would say, we always have to keep an eye on them because they always manage to give each other kisses. I really am going to miss Juliana and all she represents... a new sister. 

Comments

Popular Posts