Grandpa to the rescue

Poor Travis has been so stressed lately. He has so much on his plate, it's not even funny. Worse, I had zero words of encouragement for him. I also knew it would be nearly impossible to finish it all on time.  Dry wall, paint, flooring, electrical and the list goes on. 


Look at that mess!! 



We were so happy when Pete offered his help. Travis was again optimistic with all the work and thrilled to get it all done. Plus, Taj got to meet his grandpa. Shadd was able to play with him on the trampoline and I was so happy, I decided to thank Pete the only way I could...food. I was cooking everything I knew he would like. Thank you Pete!!


The work started almost immediately. The drywall looked amazing and my house was beginning to look like people lived in it.


This is where my pedestal sink goes in the bathroom. We have walls in the bathroom. 


Then there was drywall




They painted and added lights. 


Oh so fabulous, my 1937 house! 


For the floor we did the same as the kitchen


I thought it was nice to watch Travis work with his dad. I would like my boys to grow up knowing how to repair things but I don't necessarily care to live in a fixer upper house ever again. 










Then they painted the outside


Caught Travis coming his hair with the paint sprayer, he said if felt too good to stop. 



The color turned out quite a bit darker than we had planned but we still like it. 


Half way through, they ran out of paint so I had to run to the store and pick some more. I will never forget the name of the paint color. 'Plantation Brown' ha! 


Look how awful the stucco looks on the right hand side. Can't wait to get that taken care of as well. 


I forgot to mention how this whole time we've been working on the bathroom, I have had to do laundry at a laundromat. I will choose to speak of the good side of doing laundry there since the bad is a given. I would finish washing and folding all of my laundry in an hour and a half, unheard of if I was doing it at home. Shadd liked the laundromat though, he sometimes got to play with other kids and got rides in the cart. 


Almost forgot, our bathroom floor. 


Comments

Popular Posts