Working since Easters

Remodeling a house really puts a wrench on establishing and keeping family traditions. This easter was nothing like last year's celebrations. I hope we have our traditions all set up at least by Shadd's fifth birthday. If not, maybe it is not so bad to not have traditions. Who knows?


I've only colored eggs one time in my life. It was during a primary activity when I was 11. It is not something Haitian's do but I like it. Travis is so artistic, I kept looking up from what I was trying to accomplish and finding him making all kinds of masterpieces. 


For the longest time, we could not Shadd interested in the festivities. He was all about his PB&J sandwich. 


While little Taj boy splept


He was more interested in tipping over the dye and getting his fingers tinted...



...and his toes,


the table...


...and the chair.


In the end, we made it. 


I think he had fun


We had a planned a little egg hunt in the backyard the next morning but it rained. Travis suggested to do it inside, and why not? We had our little hunt in the house. 


Shadd wasn't interested in collecting anything until we opened one of the eggs. Once he discovered it was chocolate, he was suddenly an expert hunter.


Good times!

Comments

Popular Posts