Big Tex
If I were to be completely honest, I am quite exited to leave Texas. Aside from some good friend we have made, there is nothing much holding me back. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I really enjoy change. I always feel it is a new way to reinvent oneself. A new start, if you will.
I wanted to make sure we got to see all there is to see before we leave.
There has been so much talk of the Texas State fair, so we decided to try it out.
Shadd had fun, and we agree it is quite the festivity.
This picture got all distorted some how. I look absolutely frightful in it, but it was the best selfie we could take with the big guy. He has been all over the news lately. Apparently he caught on fire the year before and had to be restored. He got new boots as well, I'm not sure I like the idea of a cowboy with his pants tucked in his boots. I was told, by Travis, that's how cowboys dress to avoid getting their pants muddy. Oh suuuuure.
The fair is famous for the various fried food offered. Everything we could think of could be fried. We tried their fried PB&J and their fried ice cream. Quite delicious and expensive I may add!
Then we saw a pig race, I never knew something like that even existed.
Animals, animals and more animals.
We also watched every single show, they were the only things we could do with Shadd and also because they were free. Thumbs up to the shows, some were actually funny.
Texas skies will be missed... just a little.











Comments
Post a Comment