Veteran's day in Jax
Finally we got to visit downtown Jacksonville. It only took us 9 months of living here to finally venture out those parts of the city. We had been missing out, although it is mostly all about eating and shopping, the view was spectacular.
Since we rarely buy anything when we go out, heading to the Veteran's Day parade gave us something amusing to do. We had some Navy friends with us too and they were all fired up with the celebrations.
Not sure if it was the crowd we had around us, but the ambiance was quite calm. There wasn't much cheering and "celebration" going on. Mostly some smiles and approval nods.
Now this was fun, lot and lots of stepping. The crowd was going crazy over their moves. I took some videos, I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to post them on here. Once I do figure it out, watch-out. I'll have videos on here up the wazoo!!
We did see the oldest veteran in the nation or maybe the oldest veteran in Florida? I don't really remember what the announcer said, but all I know is we clapped and cheered him on and he was very old. Thinking about it some more it had to be of Florida because the oldest veteran in the nation is a black man from Texas. Oh well, we will have to go to an another parade next year to get our facts straight.
My boys ate so much during the parade. They had all sort of junk. I think I may have overdone the whole bringing food to events idea.
Travis just had to turn around and give me the 'do you remember?' look, when we saw this part of the parade. When he and I were dating we took a trip to downtown Philly and saw the real liberty bell. We got all emotional in the museum. How blessed are we do have been born in a time when we are free to love each other and be happy.
Shadd and his new buddy Korion. They are only a few days apart and met at a random park we went to not too long ago. They played so well together, the whole family just had to become friends.
The Jenkins, minus the photobomber in the back.
So grateful for all the brave men and women who have sacrificed much so we can be free and proudly sport out red, white and blues.





















Comments
Post a Comment